About Me

My photo
Keanne•bits: artist/illustrator & proud mother of 3 • living in a town called Somero • Dutch, grew up in Belgium, moved to Finland in 1999

Tuesday, October 11, 2011




Last week I spended the whole week, from morning untill the afternoon, in "Sinilintu" daycare. I visited there as an artist through "Polku" project, organised by Salo city. This project started last year and the main idea is to bring art to scools, daycares...and exchange idea s with the teachers as well. Artist from different disciplines are visiting for a day, a few days or a week, an share their views, ways of working.
My week was very interesting, as I worked with about 70 kids, aged 1-6. We mostly have been painting, examening color, material, idea s, and also ourselves through story and nature elements. Also is the traveling exhibition is included, being works from Salo artists. It amazing how kids see things, create their own comments and bring up things we don t even see anymore/think about.
The most important comment I got was that how calm the kids where, and how they , by slowing down their rythm and creating a calm environment, came to express more/stronger then usual.
After this week, I feel I brought something to the teachers, the children, but mostly I feel like I learned a lot agian myself !

Now back to the drawingtable...

Warm autum greetings to u all!
Keanne

No comments:

Post a Comment